Woocommerce Memberships v1.7.0 – Sell memberships via your WooCommerce store.
A membership solution 100% integrated with your content and products.
WooCommerce Memberships is not just another plugin for restricting your site’s content: it’s an easy-to-use, site-wide membership solution that brings your content, shop, and memberships together.
Memberships allows you to create an entire membership system that’s seamlessly tied to your store.
You can restrict your content to members, but you can also “drip” that content over time to schedule when members have access. Sell access to memberships, include memberships with product purchases, manually assign memberships, and completely integrate restrictions with your store.
Sell or Assign Memberships
Memberships are not a specific type of WooCommerce product; instead, membership plans are created independently from products. This lets you determine how access is granted for maximum flexibility. You can assign 0 or more products (of almost any type) to a membership plan to support several types of memberships:
sell a membership as stand-alone product — create a product for the membership, then tie the plan to that product to sell it
grant access to a membership as part of a product purchase — i.e., buy a subscription for a meal box, get access to the recipes section for free
grant access to the same membership from several products (i.e., a yearly purchase or a monthly subscription)
assign memberships manually for an invite-only members area
Strategically Grant Content Access
You put a lot of work into your members-only content, so Memberships lets you schedule when your members should have access to it. You can drip content, which means that you can schedule when members should have access to your content. For example, you can require that customers be a member for a week before they can access certain posts or pages.
Woocommerce Memberships v1.7.0 Changelog
2016.09.22 – v1.7.0
* Feature – New Membership Ending Soon, Membership Ended, and Membership Renewal Reminder emails can be sent to plan members to remind them about their membership expiration events
* Feature – Allow Free Memberships where the access to a Membership Plan is granted upon user registration
* Feature – Membership Plans can now have a fixed start and end date, which set memberships to start and expire on a precise day on calendar, regardless of the date when purchase was made or membership was assigned
* Feature – You can now use Subscriptions also to offer installment payments to get access to Membership Plans of a different duration, decoupled from the Subscription length
* Feature – Change, update or remove a User Membership’s associated Subscription in the Membership details panel
* Feature – Added support for WP CLI to manage user memberships and membership plans from the command line 🙂
* Tweak – If a Membership start date is set in the future, the membership active status will be delayed until such date without access
* Tweak – When manually creating a User Membership, dates will be initially calculated by default to the plan predefined start and end dates
* Tweak – Optionally exclude member discounts to be applied on specific products via Memberships product setting
* Tweak – Optionally exclude member discounts to be applied to products on sale via Memberships Settings option
* Tweak – When allowing cumulative access granting orders, take into consideration also the quantity of the same granting access products in the order
* Tweak – Allow bulk deleting Memberships via Memberships edit screen bulk actions
* Fix – When a product is on sale, and has member discounts applied, and the member is logged in, and foreign code is filtering the product on sale status, there could be repeated strikethrough prices displayed for that product’s price
* Fix – Post types registered as excluded from search did not appear listed in the Member Area content tab despite being added to plan restricted content rules
* Fix – Cancelling a Subscription while in free trial still granted access to protected content within the trial period
* Fix – Searching for members with names or display names beginning with an underscore produced no results
* Fix – Ensure that when (re)activating Subscriptions, the Memberships tied to a subscription in trial period are put to a free trial status rather than kept paused, or activate them if the trial end is past
* Misc – If a user is a member of multiple plans that discount the same product, use a filter to optionally avoid stacking discounts, rather apply the lowest price among the ones resulting by overlapping discount rules
* Misc – Helper function to get all the user memberships with “active” status that give access (ie. those marked active, complimentary, in free trial, or pending cancellation)
* Misc – Several internal changes for better performance and stability
* Misc – Uses Prospress Action Scheduler to manage Memberships events 🙂