- Lectures 13
- Video 2 Hours
- Skill level beginner level
- Languages English
- Size: 226 MB
In this course we create a WordPress Blog, customize the Blog including selecting a title, subtitle, header image, theme, and widgets, create several social media accounts, link the social media accounts and the Blog together, and learn how to leverage the automation provided by WordPress to quickly and easily share messages in support of your favorite political candidate.
No programming skills are required. Students with only a basic knowledge of the Internet that are politically active and want to support a candidate for public office but don’t have a lot of free time to participate in traditional activities such as phone banks, hanging flyers or door to door canvassing should consider taking this course. The method this course teaches will be especially useful if your candidate is not one of the two or three most popular candidates that are receiving all of the free mainstream media coverage.
Anyone with a passion for supporting a political candidate and a desire to invest some time in support of their campaign.
Step by step instructions are provided. When the course is complete you will have an easy to use Blog linked to your social media accounts and you’ll be able to use them to promote any candidate.
What are the requirements?
- Basic knowledge of computers and the Internet
- Open a browser to connect to the internet
- Copy and Paste text functions
- No special software or equipment needed beyond a computer and an internet connection.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 13 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Create a WordPress Blog
- Select and install a theme
- Customize the blog with images, text and widgets
- Connect the Blog to social media accounts
What is the target audience?
- Students with a passion for supporting a political candidate
- Students with limited amount of free time
- Students with only a basic knowledge of computers and the Internet
- Course can be completed at the public library with computers available to the public.
- Students who are not interested in using social media tools probably should not take this course