Push Notifications for Posts, v2.0.1
Push Notifications for Posts is our basic solution for small personal blogs. We also offer a full-featured plugin, Push Notifications for WordPress , designed for all the other websites. If you’re not sure which plugin is right for you, compare the features here.
Send push notifications to iOS, Android, and Fire OS devices when you publish a new post. Straight from your WordPress site, in real-time.
Alert your visitors when new content is published, converting them to regular and loyal readers. It’s like a newsletter, but so much more effective. Keep your audience engaged.
Push Notifications for Posts allows you to focus on building beautiful and unique apps, without developing your own server-side back-end. Content for the apps is collected automatically from your WordPress site, so no extra work is needed to maintain them.
Upgrading from a 1.x version
The new 2.x version has been completely rewritten. This is a major release upgrade that introduces a lot of changes and new features. The update process is automatic, however to do a proper upgrade from version 1.x please note:
- The Register API changes URL: from
http://yoursite/pnfw/register/. You should upgrade your mobile apps (the automatic redirect will be removed in the next version).
- Many tables are changed during the upgrade. You should backup your entire site (including your database).
- Save the old statistics, because during the update they are deleted.
- Set up a test environment to experiment without touching your live website.
- Check all the settings after the upgrade to ensure everything is as you expect.
Push Notifications for Posts natively supports:
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs)
- Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
- Amazon Device Messaging (ADM)
No charge for delivery. You don’t have to pay any fees since Push Notifications for Posts does not use any third-party’s server.
Integrated analytics. Get a detailed overview of all notifications. See exactly how many notifications you sent, how many of them were read, how many users converted into loyal readers, and so on.
Instant notifications. Notifications appear as message alerts, badge updates, and even sound alerts.
Powerful APIs Provides easy to use REST APIs, available via HTTP. Send and receive data using the simple JSON standard.
Allow users to receive notifications of their choice If you want, users can choose the categories of post of which receive push notifications. People are busy and do not like to have their time wasted. And when you do that you’re likely to lose that subscriber.
Optional support for OAuth. Any request sent to the API that are not properly signed will be denied.
Localization ready. Thanks to the presence of the POT (Portable Object Template) file, it’s really easy for you to provide your own translation files, with English and Italian translation out of the box.
Android library. Save hours of work by using our library in your Android app.
Push Notifications for Posts works exactly as you’d expect:
- Saving a post as a draft will not trigger push notifications.
- Publishing a private post will not trigger push notifications.
- Static pages will not trigger push notifications.
- Scheduled posts will trigger push notifications at the time they’re scheduled to publish.
Who Is This Plugin For?
This plugin is primarily intended for mobile developers who do not want to develop their server-side back-end. Supporting push notifications is incredibly complicated. This plugin lets you focus on creating the apps, without the hassle.