Newspaper v6.6 is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
Newspaper v6.6 template is excellent for a news, Newspaper v6.6, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. So far, we have the theme integrated with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress, Buddy Press, and WooCommerce. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, Newspaper v6.6 supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about Newspaper v6.6 speed:
This is the fastest Newspaper v6.6 theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
Newspaper v6.6 – November 25th, 2015
- new: whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- new: filter posts by ID in blocks. You can add/exclude specific posts on all the blocks now.
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: smart list 7 and 8 – sometimes the content was doubled
- fix: g+ new icon
- misc: video playlist is now more reliable and all the code is loaded only when needed via autoload. The youtube videos information is now collected using just one API call instead of multiple API calls for each videos.
- misc: speedbooster 4.2 now supports woocommerce better and moves the style.css to the bottom
- misc: the theme panel works better now when adblock is used
- misc: all the ajax functionality of the theme is now loaded only when needed
- misc: better security checks on all the ajax requests
- misc: html is allowed now in the copyright section of the footer
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- fix: bug with the demo loader – the dinamic css for a specific demo was still loaded even after the demo was uninstall
- fix: header style 8 top submenu z-index fix
- fix: image aligment issue when using custom article paddings
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
- fix: Social counter now shows the followers instead of +1 on google plus. Please update your social counter to see the improvement.
- fix: styling issues with the latest version of BuddyPress
- fix: on rare ocassions with some plugins the theme was emitting warnings in the server logs like: “Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string”
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved