Admin Menu Editor Pro v2.4 helps you customize the WordPress admin menu to better suit your – or your clients’ – needs. Use it to:
- Create a simple, streamlined admin menu for your non-technical users.
- Make the important menus quick and easy to access while hiding the confusing or dangerous ones.
- Organize a messy, complicated WordPress admin and turn into something that’s easy to understand and navigate.
- Organize the admin menu using a simple drag & drop interface.
- Show/hide menus based on user roles, capabilities or user names.
- Change menu title, access rights, URL, icon and more.
- Import and export menu configuration.
- Create new menu items.
- Set menu items to open in a new window or IFrame.
- Drag and drop sub-menu items to the top level, or the other way around.
- Move items to different sub-menus.
- Use shortcodes in menu settings.
- Supports WordPress Multisite/WPMU.
- See the screenshots.
- WordPress 4.1 or later.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.4.2.
Browser compatibility note: while most modern browsers will work fine, certain editor features (e.g. menu import) will not be available in IE8 and below.
Admin Menu Editor Pro v2.4 – WordPress Plugin Changelog
* Added Font Awesome icons.
* Added a “Users” tab that lets you hide individual users. Hidden users don’t show up on the “All Users” page and they can’t be edited or deleted by normal users. However, they can still show up in other parts of the WP admin (e.g. as post authors), and their content is not specially protected.
* Added more detailed permission error messages. You can turn them off in the “Settings” tab by changing “Error verbosity level” to “Low”.
* Fixed the “Cancel” button in the “Select Visible Users” dialog not working when the “Plugins” tab is open.
* Tested up to WP 4.6.